How to Change Wyoming Registered Agents

It’s easy to change your Wyoming registered agent. There is a state filing fee of $5 if you make the change by yourself. If you want us to make the registered agent change for you, we’ll handle the paperwork. Our filing fee is $15, making the total amount you pay just $20. There are literally hundreds of registered agent services in Wyoming. It’s an entire industry that’s highly regulated.

Steps to change your registered agent in Wyoming:

  1. Choose a Wyoming registered agent you feel comfortable with. We’ve created a Wyoming registered agent comparison page here
  2. If you don’t choose us, you’ll file a Statement of Change by business entity, Wyoming Change of registered agent form. Your new agent should be able to submit this form electronically on your behalf (that’s what we do here, so you don’t have to do any filing yourself).

That’s it! After about a week, you’ll have a new Wyoming registered agent service.

Helpful hints to remember when choosing a new Wyoming registered agent service:

Make sure your new Wyoming registered agent is okay with you updating your company to their principal address, mailing address, and registered office address. Many WY registered agents will charge you extra if you update your mailing or principal address to their address after they find out. Many also will just not let you list their address as your mailing and principal and fire you after going through the hassle of switching to them. We are OK with you using our address for everything and we do not charge you extra.

Steps if you hire us as your new Wyoming registered agent:

  1. Order our services below, and we do the filing for you correctly.
  2. Sit back, relax, and wait a couple days to hear back from us. We will upload the filed change of agent to your online account and notify you once it’s completed. You can also do a name search here and check the WY database to see the change of Wyoming registered agent in real time.
  3. Take a printout of a screenshot of your business as listed on the Wyoming Secretary of State, showing us as your registered agent and registered office and mail it to your old Wyoming registered agent service, requesting to cancel services with them.