Wyoming Certificate of Authority

WY Foreign Corporation

If you are a corporation located in a state other than Wyoming and want to conduct business in Wyoming, you will need a Certificate of Authority from the Wyoming Secretary of State. While it sounds complicated, it’s really very easy.

Get Your Foreign Corporation in Wyoming Now!

Here’s the steps to getting a Wyoming Certificate of Authority:

  1. Look up your corporation name and make sure you get the exact legal name as it’s incorporated in your home state. Here’s a list of the 51 Secretaries of State. Do a name search in your home state.
  2. Order a certificate of good standing from the state you incorporated in, or whatever the equivalent of it is called in your home state.
  3. Hire a Wyoming Registered Agent. We’re only $25, and the most economical choice.
  4. Start filling out the application for certificate of authority, or if you’re hiring us, it’s in your online account.
  5. Wait till you get the original certificate of good standing from your home state, put that with your signed application for certificate of authority, and then wait for our originally signed registered agent consent form. We mail this to you the same day you place an order for Wyoming Registered Agent Services.
  6. Send in everything, along with one photo copy of everything, and a check for $100 to the Wyoming Secretary of State here: State Capitol Building, Room 110 250 West 24th, Cheyenne, WY 82002
  7. Wait for the filed copy to get mailed back to you, or do a WY name search here to see it quicker.

Once filed, the State of Wyoming will return a completed certificate of authority to you. A foreign Wyoming corporation should not be confused with an out-of-country corporation. Any corporation not actually formed (Created) in Wyoming is a foreign corporation. Example: You are from Colorado, and your corporation is formed there, you got a job in Cheyenne, you are a foreign corporation registering to do business in Wyoming.

You are required to have a Wyoming registered agent and a Wyoming registered office to get registered to do business here, which we do for $25 a year. We mail you the registered agent consent form the same day you place an order.